I’m probably more a night person than a morning one but my work has me up sometimes at 5am or getting home at midnight. So I can go to bed with a restful mind and then start the next day properly, I’ve created solid practices for both morning and night. In this post it’ll be the night routine. 7 habits to start your day you can find here.
- Lay out my clothes – I’ll check the weather for the next day and my diary to see what clothes I might need then put the ensemble together, including any accessories.
- Pack up my computer – I rarely use my computer until I get to work. If I need to check mail, I’ll do it on my iPhone. So I pack it up the night before including any cords and paperwork that I may need.
- Notepad next to the bed with jotted down notes of things I have to do the following day. I have been known to wake up in a dozey state and scribble some unintelligible task n the notepad.
- Brush and floss my teeth and at the moment, clean my Invisalign plates. Can’t go to bed without clean teeth.
- Put on my Arbonne night gel. My skin dries out, particularly in winter so it needs rehydrating overnight. Click here to find the most amazing rep for Arbonne in Australia.
- Drink a small glass of room temperature water. Too much and I’ll be trotting off to the toilet in the night which is a pain in the neck when camping.
- Pyjamas – optional depending on temperature. Body making sure my body temperature is right ensures a good night of sleep
- Go to bed listening to a meditation app. Simply Being is currently my favourite app and it’s free. Check it out here
In summary, I’ve created my own routine for work days and on weekends I tweak it slightly. Now it’s your turn. What’s three regular things you do before going to bed? Share your comments below.