A weekend away or a couple of months travelling
No matter how I travel, there are some fundamental toiletries that I take with me. It varies a little but generally this is what finds its way into my bag each time.
- Small tube of toothpaste, toothbrush and floss.
- Small containers or shampoo and conditioner but if staying in hotels I use their shampoo.
- Hairbrush and black hair ties, which I often wrap around the neck of the brush so I don’t lose them.
- Small bar of soap in a container but if staying in hotels, I use their soap.
- Deodorant – roll on by Mitchum.
- Body spray instead of perfume.
- Moisturiser which has an SPF rating. My favourite is Arbonne.
- Panty liners are handy if you can’t change your knickers every day. I don’t need tampons and pads anymore but don’t forget to put them on your own list.
- Cotton tips – they weigh nothing and it’s nice to clean your ears after swimming in the sea. I factor in one every second day.
- Ear plugs (essential).
- Razor (with spare blades) if going away for more than a week.
- Sunscreen, I usually take small tubes rather than one large one.
- Insect repellant, I prefer a pump pack than a roll on or lotion.
- Nail file, tweezers and nail scissors which have other uses apart from what they were designed for.
- Hand wipes in pack of say, 20. I never use hand sanitiser because I don’t believe it works.
- Lipstick – I don’t wear any makeup apart from my Revlon Colorstay Overtime.
- Medications – I’ve also written a post on Travelling First Aid Kit which you can read here
- Condoms – if you think you might need them, take them.
I try to take this cute little vintage ‘beauty case’ because the outside is firm so nothing gets crushed as it bounces through planes, trains and automobiles. Plus I can see everything easily when I open it. If I’m going backpacking, I put everything into a lightweight hanging bag such as this one from Kathmandu.
Now it’s your turn. What do you take away and how do you carry it. Leave a comment below.