What if you loved to do lots of different things?
For me life isn’t just about my work, which I love; but I find it hard to sit still and do nothing. Even as I type this I’m watching Sense8 on Netflix and have some brownies in the oven. And not only do I have a couple of things on at once I have lots of projects and ideas that are in various stages of completion.
Here’s a synopsis of me so far:
- Work full-time
- Teach transparent mosaics at Community Houses
- Repurpose other people’s junk into my own treasure
- Coach and mentor people on how to live a simple life with less ‘stuff’
- Write books for tweens
- Write articles for newspapers and magazines on travel
- Admin seven Facebook Pages (not all mine)
- Make random street art projects that bring awareness to environmental issues
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter and neighbourhood house
- Travel – currently at 50+ countries and still counting
- Top 10 TripAdvisor reviewer
- Parent of three teenagers who are awesome
- Plus I’m a daughter, sister, cousin, niece, sister-in-law, auntie, colleague, bestie and sounding board to many
- And so much more.
You only have one life and I’m cramming in as much as I can. This blog was created so I could share what I’m currently working on – whether that’s where I’ve travelled, a course I’m running or my latest project and I invite you to come along and share your stories as well.
Beware – I’m a straight shooter. I’m practical and pragmatic. I’m not a girly-girl and don’t do fluffy ‘new age’ stuff. I also make lots of typos and my bad grammar can make some people giddy.
I’ve gone through some deep crap in my life that would make your stomach turn but I’m always able to pick myself up and put one foot in front of the other. Sometimes slowly, sometimes overnight, other times over years. The outdoors gives me energy and that’s where I go to get myself out of my head and heart and into my body.
PS. This photo is the real me – travelling freely
Travel is my passion. I write for TripAdvisor with over 500,000 viewers and nearly 1,000 reviews. Here are some of the places I’ve ventured to so far:
Australia | Fiji | Thailand | Cambodia | Vietnam | Malaysia | Singapore | Bali | Sumbawa | Lombok | Flores | Brunei | Borneo | Myanmar (Burma) | Hong Kong | Morocco | Spain | Portugal | France | Italy | Germany | Austria | Switzerland | Monaco | Vatican City | Lichtenstein | Netherlands | Belgium | England | Ireland | Scotland | Wales | India | Nepal | Zimbabwe | Malawi | Zambia | Tanzania | Kenya | South Africa | Egypt | United Arab Emirates | Jordan | Slovenia | Iceland | USA | China | Qatar | Chile | Columbia | Argentina | Brazil | Paraguay | Mexico |
And just for fun, when time permits I post reviews of books and movies that I’ve read/listened to/seen and write for the local paper.
Here are a few posts that elaborate on me – warts and all:
Looking forward to fulfilling #42