To say I’d be lost without my iPhone 6+ would be an understatement. Last year, when I had an iPhone 5 I dropped it in a lake. Doh! A colleague suggested I put it in a bag of rice and after a few hours it was fine. But for those few hours I couldn’t listen to my audio book, get emails, make phone calls, navigate my way to the airport, tell the time (I didn’t wear a watch in those days), even at the airport I couldn’t kill time playing Spell Tower.
What I missed most of all was listening to books. I’m not normally a fiction person but audio books has opened new doors. Genres I wouldn’t normally be interested in I’ve tried out and discovered some great works.
Plus I go through stages. First it was the biography / autobiography stage. Then I tried the dystopia books, then crime followed by true crime, sprinkled with self improvement and classics.
I’m probably more a night person than a morning one but my work has me up sometimes at 5am or getting home at midnight. So I can go to bed with a restful mind and then start the next day properly, I’ve created solid practices for both morning and night. In this post it’ll be the night routine. 7 habits to start your day you can find here.
- Lay out my clothes – I’ll check the weather for the next day and my diary to see what clothes I might need then put the ensemble together, including any accessories.
- Pack up my computer – I rarely use my computer until I get to work. If I need to check mail, I’ll do it on my iPhone. So I pack it up the night before including any cords and paperwork that I may need.
- Notepad next to the bed with jotted down notes of things I have to do the following day. I have been known to wake up in a dozey state and scribble some unintelligible task n the notepad.
- Brush and floss my teeth and at the moment, clean my Invisalign plates. Can’t go to bed without clean teeth.
- Put on my Arbonne night gel. My skin dries out, particularly in winter so it needs rehydrating overnight. Click here to find the most amazing rep for Arbonne in Australia.
- Drink a small glass of room temperature water. Too much and I’ll be trotting off to the toilet in the night which is a pain in the neck when camping.
- Pyjamas – optional depending on temperature. Body making sure my body temperature is right ensures a good night of sleep
- Go to bed listening to a meditation app. Simply Being is currently my favourite app and it’s free. Check it out here
We are all different and how we start our day is unique to everyone. I’m not really a morning person but I’ve never had trouble getting out of bed when I need to. So what’s your choice when that alarm goes off? Hit snooze and roll over or get up and start the day. Interestingly enough, I nearly always wake five minutes before my alarm goes off.
- The excess
- The gifts
- The sentimental
- The books
- The clothes – OMG the clothes!